Resources > Maps
NOTE: Map loading time will vary depending on your computer's speed.
This map illustrates the distribution of assets profiled in the Connectory.com Network.
The map reflects all active asset records that can be geocoded. Each colored marker represents an asset -- a primary industry company, a federal research laboratory, a university or private research center -- that has been profiled in the Connectory database.
Important information (name, address, Connectory profile link, county and driving direction links about each asset) becomes visible when the user interacts with the map markers. Industry (company) assets are differentiated by six color markers and non-industry assets are indicated by three unique markers as shown in the Legend.
Profile concentration is highest where strong collaborations have been formed within regions, industries, and other Communities of Interest (COI). At the time of U.S. expansion, the densest profile concentration is in California, where the Connectory began, with the planned posting of hundreds of Pacific Northwest profiles scheduled with the launch of the Northwest Network portal in early 2010.
- Click on a colored marker to activate the information bubbles that display the names, address, Connectory profile links, county and driving directions links to the assets.
- For any search, if you get the message "Data may still be loading -- drag or refresh the page to find out", do not wait for the page to finish loading, instead, zoom in or zoom out as necessary until you see the icons in the map.
- Search by Industry Category: Select one or more Industry Categories from the list. Companies or Assets will appear on the map using the color classification indicated in the left lower corner of the map.
- Click on a map icon to activate the information bubble that display company names, addresses, Connectory profile links.
- To view in-depth information on the company/asset, click on the Connectory profile link within the information bubble associated with each marker.
- Use the "Overlays" Radio Buttons if you want to see the limits of the Congresional Districs, Counties, Senate or House Districts where your search results fall in.
- Use the "More Search Options" tab to refine your search. Enter specific criteria for name, location, certifications, naics, capabilities or elevator speech.
- Navigate the map by clicking and dragging (up/down/left/right) and/or by zooming (in/out) using the scroll bar.
To see in-depth profiles of each asset, click on the Connectory profile link within the information bubbles after selecting a marker. In-depth profiles include additional information such as website, year established, phone/fax numbers, industry codes (NAICS), products, services, technologies, capabilities, certifications, customer base, and more.
Frequency of Map Updates
The Connectory Dynamic Map is updated monthly from the active assets profiled in the Connectory database.
Mapped assets can differ from Connectory search page results for the following reasons:
- Assets added to the Connectory database between updates may not be display on map.
- Assets that have relocated between updates may display at a former location.
- Assets that have closed operations or merged/been acquired between updates may not contain active Connectory profile links.
- Assets that do not provide a physical address for geocoding cannot be mapped.