NOTE: Map loading time will vary depending on your computer's speed.
Prototype California Innovation Corridor Mapping Capability
This interactive map illustrates the distribution of innovation assets across the 13 counties that make up the California Innovation Corridor (CIC). Made possible by leveraged investment in the main Connectory application, this prototype represents the first phase of an evolving dynamic mapping capability.
Mapped Assets include:
- Companies - Assigned one of six (6) Industry Categories
- Federal Labs - Including R&D centers, test ranges, field stations
- Universities - Public and Private University Research Centers, Institutes, Departments
- Private Sector Research Centers/Institutes - Both affiliated and non-affiliated
In the initial map view showing the entire Corridor, the map "clusters" assets where there are dense populations. Zooming in on the map near a cluster displays unique asset markers.
Click on an individual icon to collect information on assets or zoom in further on the map. Each icon contains the associated asset name, address, Connectory profile link, and driving directions.
The Search button provides filtering capability. For help, refer to the search instructions below the interactive map.
Searching and Navigation Instructions
- Conduct a map search by clicking on the Search button located near the top of the map. Use the available criteria to define the search.
- After completing the search, select an asset profile from the search results shown on the right hand side of the map. This feature highlights the location marker for the specific asset selected from the list.
- Click on a map icon to activate the information bubble that display asset names, addresses, Connectory profile links, and driving directions. Assets located at the same physical address appear in list form on the right and are "clustered" on the map.
- To view in-depth information on the asset, click on the Connectory profile link within the information bubble associated with each marker.
- Navigate the map by clicking and dragging (up/down/left/right) and/or by zooming (in/out) using the scroll bar. Alternatively, use the control widgets located in the upper left.
- Select preferred map view from options Street View (set as the default control), Satellite, Hybrid, or Terrain.
Downloadable Maps - Assets in CIC Counties
Maps showing asset distribution for the California Innovation Corridor and for each of the 13 CIC counties may be downloaded from the links below. These dynamic PDF files permit users to add/subtract map layers and to hide/show specific asset types.
| Click to view layers and show/hide their content.
| Designates a visible map layer. Click to show/hide a layer.
| Mouse-over for instructions.
| Mouse-over for map information.
Frequency of Map Updates
The CIC Dynamic Mapping Page is updated monthly. PDF maps are updated quarterly.
Caveats -- Assets added to the CIC Innovation Asset Mapping Inventory between updates may not be represented. Assets that have relocated between updates may display at a former location. Assets that have closed operations between updates may not contain live links. Assets that do not provide a physical address for geocoding cannot be mapped.